For quite a long time now, we have been enlightened with diverse spheres of life and the world we live in with the element of entertainment via podcasts. These episodic series of spoken words on topics ranging from news to cooking to every perceivable subject have become a tour de force.
In This Blog:
- Benefits of Podcast Live Streaming
- Starter Kit for Podcast Live Streaming
- Ideas for Podcast Content
- Podcast Live Streaming with OneStream Live
Podcasting, formerly known as ‘audio-blogging’, was introduced in the 1980s. It started gaining popularity in 2004, by the term ‘Podcasting’ with the invention of iPodder, which allowed its users to download radio broadcasts directly on their iPods. This made it easier for them to tune into their favorite radio shows at their convenience, rather than being stuck with the radio every day at the same time. Moreover, vodcasting (a podcast with video content) was also introduced with the release of a web television series in 2004.
Previously, podcasting used to be recorded, and the file would be shared over the internet to be watched or listened to. However, lately, it has shifted towards live podcasting.
Live podcasting, also known as podcast streaming, is like a live radio show streamed through a live streaming solution to an audience who listens to you while you broadcast it.
With the rise of live podcasting, people have been contemplating if podcast streaming should be regularly practiced.
Benefits of Podcast Live Streaming
We have found some persuasive arguments on why you should live stream video podcasts.
Success of Live Streaming
Live streaming has grown by 99% in 2020 alone, as people prefer watching a video rather than reading a blog. According to statistics, videos on social media generate 1200% more shares than texts and images. Similarly, 74% of customers find video helpful when online shopping. It has evolved as the best marketing approach as 40% of consumers stated that video significantly impacts their online product purchase decisions, and 96% of people identified that they watch a video to know more about the brand and the product. Moreover, the live streaming market is expected to reach 184.27 billion USD by 2027. According to these statistics, stream podcasting can help you achieve a significant number of viewers, all the while increasing your revenue and boosting your business.
Podcast live streams allow you directly interact with your audience in real-time and learn more about their wants and demands, which in return helps you make improvements and changes. It provides the audience as well a chance to participate and engage with the brand from the comfort of their homes.
Podcast streaming on multiple social platforms can help you reach a broader audience in a trice. They tend to attract more online engagement than other content types and provoke a sense of urgency, compelling people to watch.
Interacting with the face behind the business has always been a delight for everyone. Podcast streaming is a phenomenal marketing strategy to showcase the face behind the company, which reiterates the fact that you are a human just like them. The raw and real interaction between the brand and audience will serve as a medium to build up reliability and trust. Remember that active engagement with the audience shows commitment and dedication, which reinstates confidence in the brand.
Refined Content Strategy
Creativity is the key to increase and enthrall the audience. Adding the video to your podcast is an excellent way to double up your content without walking the extra mile.
Starter Kit for Podcast Live Streaming
Before you begin podcast live streaming, you should be well equipped. You must have all the necessary equipment that creates an appealing live stream. You can get the podcast gear as per your streaming requirements. The essential gear list is below:
- Computer/Laptop – Podcast streaming can be done using a cell phone as well but let’s accept that cell phones do not provide the high-tech potential than a desktop/laptop does.
- Reliable internet connection – An internet connection with good speed is of the utmost importance. After all no one would want their live stream to buffer or lag.
- HD Video Camera or Camcorder –You can select your video camera based on entry level or professional level, as per your live streaming requirements.
- Tripod – This gear is necessary if you are live streaming using a video camera or cell phone, to ensure smooth and distortion-free videos.
- Microphone – audio quality is certainly the most important component of a podcast, and for that you’ll need a good microphone.
- Headphones – probably a less required gear, but if you are streaming on a professional level, you might need this gear.
- Audio/Video mixer – Mixing gear allows you to capture multiple video and audio sources and switch between them during a live stream. This gear is optional but if you are doing a large event, you will need this.
- Lighting – Be it entry level or professional live stream, you need good lighting.
- Live streaming solution –You do not want to live stream your event with technical glitches. So, a live streaming solution will ensure a smooth stream on multiple social platforms with one click.
Ideas for Podcast Content
Podcast content can vary from cooking shows to science contests and even include fictional stories like aliens and mermaids. It entirely depends on what you want to share with the world. Fortunately, there is no limit on what you can live stream; there is an audience available for every content creator. You can live stream yoga sessions, neuroscience case studies, history fact files, pop culture - almost everything you can think of.
You must deliver what interests you while bearing in mind your audience’s tastes and preferences. Need ideas?
- Life Style
- Chat Shows
- Global News
- Paranormal Activity
- Science and Culture
The list is non-exhaustive.
Podcast Live Streaming with OneStream Live
Podcast live streaming should preferably be done using a professional podcast live streaming software, such as OneStream Live. It ensures high-quality streams without any technical glitches while providing the ease to add a wide variety of content to your stream.
With OneStream Live, you can live stream your podcast on 45+ social platforms such as Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Instagram, Vimeo, Switcher, and Custom RTMP accounts, as well as websites, with a single click. Sign Up now for your live podcast streaming services and Get Started with OneStream Live!
OneStream Live is a cloud-based solution to live stream across 40+ Social Media Platforms simultaneously. For queries and feedback, Live Chat with our team or write to us at [email protected]