So, what are you looking for when you want to look for your online business? What can you do to show your product or service to the audience in the virtual world?
The easiest way for you is online streaming, right? So how about you upload pre-recorded videos for live streaming? Sounds a bit contradictory?
Let’s have a look at this in more detail so you can comprehend easily:
- Marketing and other businesses carried out over the internet are based on the kind of application you are looking to carry out. Many businesses of the modern world are based on video streaming and uploading or screening videos. Such people who use video streaming are vloggers, influencers, social media activists and other online businessmen.
- Internet traffic has mostly been dominated by video traffic and the Global Phenomena Report for 2019 that was released by Sandvine stated that over 60% of the downstream data on the internet consists of videos.
Trends of Live streaming
This humongous demand for video content has given rise to the latest social media trend: Live streaming.
Social media giants like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube have invested huge sums of money to enhance their live-streaming platforms. Brands, Social media stars, media outlets etc. are increasingly using live videos to interact with consumers, increase their market presence and grab as bigger a chunk as possible of the current 30 billion dollars live streaming market. Internet audiences are viewing more live content than ever before. Every market research done in recent past indicates substantial growth in the live streaming market over the next foreseeable future. Facebook alone has seen a substantial increase in the percentage of publishers going live. In a survey done by Socialbakers, the engagement amongst Facebook users have increased substantially during the first quarter. Facebook live was the most engaging format on the platform.
Video streaming market
In terms of the video streaming market size, it is likely to boom in the coming decade because of the increase in the number of live video interactions. The live streaming has increased by a significant margin and therefore it is estimated that this specific area will pave the way for increased social interactions.
Live Stream Viewers
Live videos viewers feel more connection, intimacy and excitement compared to video-on-demand viewers. Video streaming has its own standing on the newsfeed and timeline and they gain more reactions on Facebook. The distribution of post types on Facebook is as follows where the bulk of the posts are videos.
Advertisements are seen during live content drive greater emotional engagement from viewers. This leads to higher revenues per video with live streaming. The authenticity and feel that a live video adds, translates into 4 to 5 times higher monetary gains for the content creators. Live video has by far the highest return on investments compared to any other form of advertisement.
Usage of Live Stream Applications
In terms of usage of live-streaming apps, the trends show that a lot of people use the apps that allow you to watch live video streams. This research was done by Ericsson ConsumerLab and it showed that most of the power users use these applications predominantly.
Now that you know how important live streaming can be for your business, the first question that pops up is why stream a recorded video and what does it mean.
- The first thing to understand is that for social media sites to live stream a video all it needs is a video source.
- The source can be a video file (pre-recorded) or a video feed from your camera.
- Live streaming platforms treat both the same way. They receive a video chunk by chunk and display it to users as “live”.
If the concept is hard to grab, think about your favourite weekly TV show. Is it live? It appears to be live, but it is pre-recorded (most of the times). You cannot rewind (or forward) it, you cannot skip advertisements but the episode was recorded earlier. This is exactly what live streaming of pre-recorded video can do. For viewers, it is just a live video with everything happening at that moment.
With normal live streaming, you have to be present and ready with a camera at the moment you want to start the stream. What if there is a power glitch? OR your laptop malfunctions? Or your internet connection breaks down? Or your neighbours start shouting over something? That could be a PR disaster or at best draw very negative reactions from viewers who have been waiting for the feed. You can see where I am heading, the point is you have to be very careful that everything goes perfectly as planned in a live video.
The main question here is to find how to avoid these mishaps?
- To avoid any mishaps, you have to invest money and buy expensive equipment or rent a proper studio. This is not very feasible for an average person trying to build an audience from his room.
- With pre-recorded videos, you can create a video content beforehand, edit it to your liking and schedule it to go live at a predefined time.
- You never have to worry about anything going wrong. Moreover, you do not even have to be present when the video is live.
- This allows you to schedule your live streaming videos at important events e.g. Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year without having to disturb your own schedule.
- Streaming with pre-recorded videos has another huge advantage of high-quality streaming.
- Even with a high-speed internet connection viewing live streaming is never a smooth experience. There are always unwanted glitches, screen pauses, sound issues. Most of the times it is due to the fact that video from your camera is not being sent at a constant rate i.e the video source is not stable.
- With prerecorded video there is a high likelihood that the video being sent for streaming is more stable and the send rate can be controlled via streaming software, leading to a smoother, cleaner experience for the viewers. This small but key difference can be a real competitive advantage.
Engagement of Live Streaming
As mentioned earlier live streaming is rated higher by social media platforms leading to higher views and more advertisement revenues.
- With pre-recorded videos, you reap all the advantages of live streaming without having to be stressed up about producing good quality live content.
- You can put all your attention on interacting with your viewers during the live stream session. This will, in turn, lead to a significant increase in viewer’s engagement, increase brand/channel loyalty among viewers and overall higher growth of your online video content.
Using Pre-recorded videos for live streaming is not a very new concept. Depending on your use case it might be a good idea to let your viewers know that the video was recorded earlier. Using OneStream Live you get all the benefits of a live stream with amazing user experience and minimum fuss. It is a cloud-based solution which means you do not need to install any software or require any advanced technical skills.
OneStream Live is a cloud-based solution to live stream across 40+ Social Media Platforms simultaneously. For queries and feedback, Live Chat with our team or write to us at [email protected]