Today, live streaming has become an important tool to generate leads, create brand awareness, launch advertising campaigns and provide paid access to video streaming. You press enter and start sharing a live broadcast to reach and interact with your target audiences. Whether you are planning to watch a cricket match or to find updates about your favorite brands, DJ’s and creators, live streaming is for everyone.
Live streaming charts are ruling in this age of technology. It is not just an alternative adjustment to COVID-19 but holds a great future for entertainment and cultural industry.
But before you get into this domain you need to know about the biggest streaming platforms. Live streaming platforms are popping up in numbers so one should explore who’s who and what’s what. These platforms provide video hosting solutions which help people to upload and broadcast video content for their clientele.
So let’s explore some of the live streaming apps like YouTube or Twitch that might be right for you.
The data highlighted by seen connects shows that, if we go on numbers alone, YouTube is the clear winner with a 343% growth rate of its streamer base in the past year. Twitch, by comparison, grew by 197%.
However, despite YouTube’s clear gains, Twitch still holds the crown for live streaming talent as it provides new opportunities for creators to grow engaged audiences whilst making a decent living at the same time.
YouTube is one of the leading and highly recognized video platforms across the globe. Everyone who has an internet facility knows about YouTube. Some years back, YouTube Live decided to introduce the ‘live streaming’ concept to break the Twitch market. Since most of the audiences are glued to video games, therefore the channel offered a variety of content in live gaming streams.
The platform caters to current YouTube content creators who want to enhance their presence for profitable brand deals in future. It also targets those streamers who want to focus on pre-uploaded video content and influencers who love to browse multiple topics not just on gaming.
- It is already a success story.
- More than just gaming, the platform deals with a variety of genres including technology, health & fitness, reviews and experimental content for those who are gearing up to ‘try something new’.
- Easy setup with Stream Now.
- It has great monetization options like Super Chat.
- The YouTube Live content is jointly functioning into the YouTube platform; meaning that it is simple to search for.
- YouTube is actively modernizing the streaming service quality hence, providing the regular upgraded features and fixes.
- It caters to massive audiences who are always keen to explore ‘interesting content’.
- When it comes to promoting your brand, YouTube doesn’t offer much.
- Unfortunately, YouTube is blocked in certain countries and the live streaming content is often not available in some locations.
- Viewers are unaware of the donation generating the concept of live streaming.
Widely acknowledged for its video game streaming content, Twitch is the oldest and most established live streaming channel in the world. It offers great potential for all. The platform always has something for those who are ‘new’ to live streaming, want to expand their brand and for YouTubers streamers who do not enjoy YouTube Live.
- According to Adshot, Twitch was and still is the most recognized video game streaming platform with over 1.8 million average viewers.
- Twitch offers interesting and innovative rewards for new streamers.
- Twitch enhances great financial opportunities for newcomers.
- The subscription model is best for long-term earnings.
- As mentioned by Adshot, Twitch has 3.84 million established streamers, therefore it is challenging for new streamers to show their presence in e-sports or on other channels.
- According to Adshot, Twitch has a corporate way of doing things. While it may seem relaxed as a streaming platform, it can sometimes prove problematic, especially if you have a more prominent channel and want to renegotiate your contract.
- Platform moderation is not viable for serious streamers, looking for real brand collaborations.
- To be eligible to have Twitch Partner status, Twitch requires streamers to have Streamed for 25 hours on 12 different days. An average of 75 viewers.
Overall, YouTube and Twitch are both amazing platforms for streaming and you can build your career on either one of them as a content creator and streamer. If you are more focused on gaming then Twitch has edge over YouTube but if your video content is varied then YouTube is your best bet.
Why not check out OneStream Live for live streaming, which allows you to Multi-Stream on YouTube, Twitch and many other streaming platforms simultaneously. It is a quick, efficient and interactive cloud-based service, offering interesting features to schedule and live stream pre-recorded videos as well as real-time streaming to 40+ social media platforms including Facebook Live, YouTube, Instagram, Twitch etc.
It is important to understand that live streaming platforms have their strengths and weaknesses, but deciding where to stream must be based on your personal choice and business goals.
OneStream Live is a cloud-based solution to live stream across 40+ Social Media Platforms and the web simultaneously. For queries and feedback, Live Chat with our team or write to us at [email protected]. You’re also welcome to Write for Us!