In recent years, live streaming on social media platforms like Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Twitch, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram has taken the internet by storm, with businesses and marketing agencies jumping on to the bandwagon, using live streaming to boost their social media presence and market their products in an already very competitive arena.
Hence, the need and requirement to stream professionally recorded video content. Limited availability of simple and efficient cloud-based tools is, however, hindering businesses to join the wonderful world of live streaming.
OneStream Live solves this problem in a very effective way by eliminating the need for technical knowledge or software installation to stream pre-recorded videos to Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitch, and Instagram.
Why OneStream Live?
No technical knowledge required to live stream - OneStream’s very simple and intuitive dashboard makes a pre-recorded video go live in just a few clicks.
No software installations required - OneStream is cloud-based, meaning you do not have to install any lousy software. You can use it from anywhere in the world without having to carry any hardware with you and without having to worry about bandwidth bottlenecks while live streaming. End users on Facebook, YouTube, or any other social media platform can enjoy uninterrupted and crisp HD live streams.
Schedule live streams - Pre-recorded video content can be scheduled to go live on multiple chosen channels including Facebook Groups/Pages, YouTube as well as Twitch, Instagram, and any other custom RTMP destination.
Multiple social accounts management - Based on the subscription plan, a different number of social accounts can be managed efficiently in parallel.
Live streaming history - OneStream maintains all streaming history on social media platforms that can be accessed at any time. This makes it simple to track and access the already streamed videos.
Analytics and Insights - Live analytics and viewer counts are key to gauge the live stream’s performance. OneStream allows tracking important analytics to make efficient live streaming-related decisions.
Branding of live streams - Brand your live streams to create the most compelling brand storytelling videos, differentiate your streams from the others, and make your brand a better choice for the consumers.
Open Captions - Add open captions to your pre-recorded videos and enjoy wider audience outreach.
Playlist Streaming - You can curate a playlist and live stream pre-recorded videos and schedule them to broadcast as live streams to be simulated for viewers when your real-time live content is unavailable.
Embed streams on your website- Embedding live streams on the website allows you to host your live event to your website using an embed code.
Unified Live Chat - Forget the hassle of switching between tabs. Using OneStream’s Unified Live Chat feature, you can access all your chats on one screen and respond more efficiently to your audiences.
Live streaming becomes extremely easy and fun when you use OneStream Live. However, setting up live streaming is not easy even for a tech-savvy person. Most non-technical people might just give up after 15-20 minutes of trying. When it comes to pre-recorded videos there is hardly any cloud-based solution available in the market other than OneStream Live. With other ready-made live streaming solutions, you have to install third-party software like OBS or Wirecast to get things rolling. Set it up, configure some technical details like bitrates, frame rates, video formats, etc. and then hope that it works. OneStream Live, however, makes live streaming so simple that anyone can stream their pre-recorded videos live in less than 5 minutes. It takes away all the pain and circumvents all the cumbersome tasks of setting up streams and lets you focus on your customers.
Step-by-Step Guide to Live Streaming Pre-Recorded Videos with OneStream
There are two ways to upload a video file to OneStream:
- Upload directly from your computer or mobile device (Video size limit: 5GB).
- Using video directly from cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive (No video size limit).
Here's a step-by-step tutorial on how you can live stream your pre-recorded videos with OneStream Live:
- Click Create Event from the left sidebar or from the top and select Pre-recorded Streaming.
2. Upload from your computer or choose the video stored in your cloud storage (Dropbox or Google Drive). Allowed video formats are mp4, mov, mkv.
You can reschedule your already streamed videos by accessing PREVIOUS UPLOADS.
3. While the video is being uploaded, you can modify the following fields:
- Title (max 100 characters)
- Description (max 1000 characters. YouTube: 5000 characters max)
- Date & Time when the pre-recorded live stream is planned to start. If you want the pre-recorded live stream to start immediately, do not change it.
- Tag (max 10 tags)
- Time Zone. If not selected, the current time zone will be selected automatically.
- Social Account Selection. Multiple social accounts can be selected.
- Video thumbnail. You can upload your own custom thumbnail.
- Event announcement. You can schedule your event announcement for your connected accounts.
Remember that video storage capacity depends on the subscription plan. Videos that are not used for 60 days will be deleted automatically.
4. Once you are done with the settings, click the Schedule button on the bottom right.
5. Scheduled streams will appear in the Scheduled section.
Re-Scheduling Previously Uploaded Videos
You can also re-schedule your previously uploaded videos to go live again. Here's how:
- On your left-hand sidebar. Click Schedules or Streaming History.
- Click the yellow Reschedule/Reuse button.
- Click Create Event button and select Pre-recorded.
- Click PREVIOUS UPLOADS.
3. From the pop-up window, select your desired video and click Continue.
- On your left-hand sidebar, under OneStream Storage, click Videos and then Uploads.
- Click on the purple Reschedule button next to the video you want to reschedule.
With OneStream's advance scheduling feature, you can schedule your pre-recorded videos once, republish and restream them regularly, or select different days to go live, using the same video. Pre-recorded videos can be scheduled up to 60 days in advance.
It is recommended to schedule the stream for at least 10 minutes in the future to let the system optimize your video for streaming.
In case of scheduling immediately, it will go live within 30 seconds.
Yes, It's Actually That Easy!
Looking For More Live Streaming Tips? Here is an Ultimate Guide for You. 😎
OneStream Live is a cloud-based solution to live stream across 40+ Social Media Platforms simultaneously. For queries and feedback, Live Chat with our team or write to us at [email protected]