Over the last few years, the live streaming business has witnessed a dramatic hit. From small-scale to high-end businesses, the public at large has drifted towards live streaming across social media such as Facebook Live, Youtube Live, Twitch, Instagram, TikTok, and a hundred other platforms to reach a wider audience. Live Streaming on a website has also become a massive success among broadcasters, businesses, and marketers for successful virtual events, increasing website traffic, or gaining exposure.
Recognizing the significance of live streaming on websites, OneStream Live has introduced an incredible feature to seamlessly embed live video on the website - The Embed Player.
In this blog:
- What is video embedding, and how does it work?
- Embed live streams with the Pre-recorded and Real-time streaming feature
- Embed live streams with OneStream Studio
- Important Notes
- Final thoughts
💻 What is Video Embedding, and How Does it Work?
Live streaming solutions such as OneStream Live provide you with a code, which is essentially a snippet of iFrame codes that pulls the video from the original source and displays it as a video on the destination website. This process is called video embedding.
Embedding live streams on the website allows you to broadcast your live events on the website without having to actually host the video.
📌 Embed your live streams with the Pre-recorded & Real-time streaming feature
There are two methods that can be used to get an embed code to live stream on your website using OneStream Live:
➡️ Method 1
To live stream on your website, you will need to connect OneStream Live’s own social account called OneStream Channel.
- Go to the OneStream dashboard and click Accounts on the left sidebar.
- Click Add Account and choose the OneStream Live icon to add your channel.
3. Assign a name to your channel and click Connect.
Once you have connected the account, follow these points:
- Open Embed Player from the left sidebar.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the pop-up window and copy the embed code.
3. Click Close.
➡️ Method 2
- Click on the connected "OneStream channel" under the "Accounts" option on the left sidebar.
- Click Settings.
- Click Get Embed Code.
4. Copy the embed code to embed the stream on your website.
🌏 Embed Live Streams on the Website with OneStream Studio
The recent launch of OneStream Studio has opened up a new door of opportunities for businesses and brands. With the OneStream Studio, you can host internal and external events, invite guests into your live streams, brand your live streams, and broadcast on multiple social platforms and the website at the same time.
Let us walk you through the process of live streaming on the website using OneStream Studio:
- Copy the embed code from OneStream Live by following any of the above-mentioned methods and paste it onto the website.
- Click on New Stream and select OneStream Studio from the drop-down menu.
3. Write the name under Display Name and hit Create.
4. Once you have invited guests and added the logo, ticker, banner, and background, hit the Stream button and go live instantly.
5. The video will begin live streaming on your website automatically.
💡 Pro-Tip: You can record the session and schedule it for later or go live on the previously scheduled events.
🎯 Important Notes
👉 When the stream is live on the OneStream channel, you can watch it in the OneStream player available in the real-time streaming section.
👉 OneStream Live provides 2 Tera Bytes Free Bandwidth per month to its users. You do not have to do anything; it will automatically renew monthly. In case you require more bandwidth, it can be purchased via Add-ons.
👉 OneStream embed player is not restricted to any specific domain. The live stream can be embedded in any webpage, but it does allow you to limit it to particular webpages by adding domain restrictions.
👉 Onestream embed player works equally well for Wix, WordPress, Shopify, GoDaddy, and other websites.
🚀 Final Thoughts
OneStream Live is the perfect solution to integrate live streams into your websites professionally and seamlessly. It eliminates technical glitches like buffering, latency, and lack of redundancy and provides a unified live streaming experience. With OneStream Live, you can multistream real-time or pre-recorded videos to over 40+ social media platforms and your website simultaneously and from a single touchpoint.
OneStream Live is a cloud-based solution to live stream across 40+ Social Media Platforms and the web simultaneously. For queries and feedback, Live Chat with our team or write to us at [email protected]. You’re also welcome to Write for Us!