Digital Gurus Live with OneStream – Episode 1: How to Live Stream on Amazon Live
Topic: How to Live Stream on Amazon Live with OneStream
Guest Speaker: Steven Healey, Amazon Influencer and Insider
What is Amazon Live?
Amazon Live is a giant digital marketplace solely dedicated to empowering sellers to use live video streaming as a strategic sales tool. It is an e-commerce platform that allows shoppers to interact with sellers in real-time, driving live stream commerce.
Apply for Amazon Live:
Who can Broadcast on Amazon Live?
Before you can broadcast on Amazon Live, you have to qualify as an Amazon Influencer. There are no pre-set parameters for this. You can apply, and Amazon will say yes or no. If yes, you’re in. If not, you’re in to wait for 30 days, and then you can apply again. Keep applying until you get in.
Amazon is looking for people who are active on social media – Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, etc. They’re going to look at your followers and your activity on each of those platforms. As you apply, you need to have a lot of live videos of what you do. That’s the first step – get recognized as an Amazon Influencer.
How to Qualify as an Amazon Influencer?
While Amazon has not disclosed its criteria behind choosing Amazon Influencers, experience suggests you need to have the following:
- An active social media presence with a good following
- A live broadcast catalog to demonstrate all your previous live streams
- An iPad or an iPhone, since Amazon Live does not support any Android or desktop version
You can also join the Amazon Creators group on Facebook to gain visibility. It is a community of people who go live on Amazon regularly.
OneStream will help you with this. With OneStream, you can go live on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and twitch, all at the same time. So, you can build up a catalog of your live videos. Amazon wants to see that you are a good show host and a producer. They’re looking for people who can present on camera and have a persona on camera.
Amazon Influencer: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/live/influencers
How can I Earn Money on Amazon Live?
Anybody who’s visiting amazon.com can choose to watch Amazon Live while searching.
A carousel is displayed under each live stream, showcasing the products the Amazon Influencer will or has already talked about. While the customers get to see the products in action, they can interact with the presenters in real-time and directly purchase the product from a carousel displayed near the live stream.
The carousel can be up to 40 different items that you can choose to talk about during your live stream. Each of the items on the carousel attracts a cookie. That cookie is good for 24 hours, and anything a shopper buys within those 24 hours will get you an affiliate commission.
That’s how the system works - You’re selling but not selling.
So, there are two things at play here:
- Sell and earn an affiliate commission
- Go live on other places and promote your Amazon Live broadcast
What is my Audience on Amazon Live?
Amazon actively notes all the live videos. Unlike other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Twitch, you don’t need to create your audience on Amazon Live. There’s a ready-made audience on Amazon Live. You just stream to them.
Why Stream on Amazon Live via OneStream?
There are several reasons why to stream on Amazon Live. Yet, there are many more compelling ones to live stream via OneStream:
- OneStream is ideal for broadcasting to Amazon Live. Once you’re live on Amazon, the next step is to push that live stream to 40 other destinations via OneStream. You can use the same stream title and description of your Amazon Live link and bring in an audience to watch your Amazon Live stream.
- You can set up your streams on OneStream as an RTMP link and forget them. You can go from your broadcast software straight to OneStream; OneStream has got all the information. You press one button, and you’re good to go.
- It’s hassle-free - You can choose any third-party broadcasting studio, link it to OneStream Dashboard, and go live.
How to broadcast on Amazon Live from OneStream?
In your OneStream Dashboard,
- Go to Add Account
- Click on Add Custom RTMP Account
- Set Account Title (for example, Amazon Live)
- From the third-party studio app, fetch RTMP Server URL and Stream Key and copy-paste into the given fields.
- Set the following preferred settings for streaming:
- Video bitrate: 2800
- FPS: 30 (auto-set)
- Audio bitrate: 96 (auto-set)
- Key frame: 1 (auto-set)
- Max resolution: 720 p (auto-set)
6. Hit Connect to OneStream
7. Go back to your OneStream Dashboard and click Real-Time Streaming
8. Go to RTMP Settings
9. Paste Server URL, Stream Key
10. Hit Save
The studio is now set to broadcast to OneStream and to go out from OneStream to Amazon Live.
Hit Go Live, and you’re live!
Read More: Create Shoppable Live Streams on Amazon Live via OneStream
Does Amazon Live Help Boost Sales?
If you’ve got your products on Amazon already, then becoming an Amazon Live broadcaster can help you increase your sales. Amazon Live is all about marketing. So, once you’re live on Amazon Live, you can also be live on your own website. This means you can reach out to your existing and potential customers on your own shop front as well as on Amazon Live. Learn tips to stream on Amazon Live to make the most out of the platform.
Can I Add Custom Logo or Overlay to my Amazon Live stream for Branding Purposes?
When you’re live streaming from a studio, you can brand your live stream irrespective of which studio you use. You can use customized overlays, logos, desired backgrounds, and so forth.
What Kind of Background is Best for Product Selling Live Streams?
Use a plain background that is calming to the eyes, something colorful. Nothing abstract or too loud. Choose a background that suits the mood of your live stream.
Use a background removal tool and be superimposed over your favorite background.
- Amazon Live streaming is all about reaching out, helping your audience, and enjoying doing it.
- You must have an active social media presence and a strong video catalog to qualify as Amazon Influencer.
- Amazon Live only works on iPad and iPhone. There is no Android or desktop version supported.
- Every time a viewer purchases an item displayed in your Amazon Live carousel, you earn an affiliate commission.
- You don’t need to make an audience on Amazon Live. You can live stream to a ready-made audience.
- Custom logos and overlays can help brand your Amazon Live streams.
- Solid, soft backgrounds are most well-suited for Amazon live streams.
- OneStream Live helps you push your Amazon Live stream to more than 40 other social media platforms to engage with and drive a wider audience to your Amazon Live.
OneStream Live is a cloud-based solution to live stream across 40+ Social Media Platforms and the web simultaneously. For queries and feedback, Live Chat with our team or write to us at [email protected]. You’re also welcome to Write for Us!