Imagine showcasing your brand on a globally renowned platform, with $1.7 trillion market capitalization, accounting for roughly 50% of all e-commerce! Incredible, isn’t it? You got that right; we’re talking about Amazon, a global e-commerce giant that enjoys commendable experience in the video streaming market. Previously acknowledged for Amazon Prime, Amazon is today making headlines with Amazon Live– a platform solely aimed at empowering sellers to use live video content as a sales tool.
What is Amazon Live?
Amazon Live is the ultimate e-commerce platform that offers you the ability to interact with shoppers in real-time and drive e-commerce through live stream shopping. This real-time brand interaction has set a precedent for customer confidence when considering new brands, inevitably influencing their purchase decisions. While the customers get to see the products in action, they can interact with the presenters in real-time and directly purchase the product from a carousel displayed near the live stream.
The hosted live streams appear on Amazon.com via the desktop, mobile, and Amazon mobile apps. You can also feature them in other prominent places such as your Amazon Store and other product detail pages. Interestingly, the videos are also saved for viewing later, beyond the live period.
Unfortunately, Amazon Live is not readily available to all users. It is a sales tool exclusively for Amazon sellers. Hence, before you start live streaming on Amazon Live, you must ensure:
- You are a professional Amazon seller.
- You are registered on Amazon’s Brand Registry.
- You can a registered iPhone (preferably) or an iPad (at least).
- You have access to a stable and robust internet connection.
Why Stream on Amazon Live?
Drive Brand Awareness
By creating shoppable live streams on Amazon Live, your brand is inevitably brought to the limelight. You can drive brand awareness and consideration by introducing shoppers to your products, providing them with the right information at the right time. This then renders a significant impact on consumer purchase decisions, raising their confidence bar towards your brand, which is particularly crucial in the domain of online shopping and social media shopping.
Once brand awareness is created, you can then exploit live shoppable streams to educate the shoppers about your product – features, benefits, special offers, etc. The catch with Amazon online shopping is creating an interactive environment with live product demos, how-to tutorials, and interactive Question & Answers sessions to address each of their queries.
Connect with Shoppers in Real-Time
Responding to customer concerns in real-time is the heart-winning strategy. Shoppable live streams on Amazon Live allow the brands to engage with the customers through live chat, answer questions, and provide the required information in real-time. This ultimately helps drive connections and build long-term relationships.
How to Live Stream on Amazon Live via OneStream
Here's how you can start live streaming today on Amazon Live Creator by connecting it to OneStream via Custom RTMP. Here's a step-by-step process for getting started:
- Set up your live stream in the Amazon Live Creator app and click on the video source button. Toggle to External Camera.
- Share the RTMP URL and stream key provided by the Amazon Live Creator app with yourself, and then enter these into the OneStream Live Custom RTMP account.
- Schedule a stream or go live in real-time from OneStream Live on Amazon Live.
- When the stream goes live, go back to the Amazon Live Creator app and click the Preview button in the Creator app. Once the 'Go Live' button is red, click it to begin streaming onto Amazon Live.
- Conduct your live stream.
- Click End Stream in the Amazon Live Creator app when you are ready to end your stream.
Tips of Successful Live Streaming on Amazon Live
The word ‘Amazon’ itself can put a lot of power into your brand. However, the online store has its own set of (unwritten) rules and best practices that can add value to your streams:
- Stream with multiple people so you can handle chatting and switching between the products more efficiently. This is also helpful when you wish to host Q&A sessions.
- Showcase bestseller product first in the product carousel to get the maximum attention.
- Maintain a minimum of 5Mbps upload speed to ensure a smooth and seamless live stream.
- Always use the practice mode so you can watch your live stream simultaneously. This essentially lets you see what your audiences are seeing.
- Live stream pre-recorded content using a dedicated third-party tool such as OneStream Live, so you can divert more time to chat messages and handling products in the carousel.
- Make sure your stream is added to your Amazon Store. This is not something done by default; you need to contact Amazon for this.
- Download your streams and keep them safe for use at any time later.
- Promote your stream to stand out from your competitors. Spending a few bucks on boosting can significantly help in amplifying your reach.
Leverage OneStream Live for an Incredible Experience
You can capitalize on the power of a third-party live streaming platform to ensure professional broadcast of your video content. Amazon works well in tandem with platforms that allow live streaming to Amazon Live. Using OneStream Live to create shoppable Amazon live streams can help shoppers discover your brand and see your products in action with high visibility. Through professional live streaming with OneStream Live, you can use your live streams to highlight key product features and drive sales. You can even offer special in-stream promotions to encourage impulsive buying. This will not only help you amplify your reach but also help your showcased products establish themselves in prominent placements across Amazon.
Amazon’s rapid ascension reflects the fact that it is a high-growth company. Leveraging live broadcasting on Amazon Live using OneStream Live can carry potentially meaningful contributions to strengthening your brand. Now is the time to position yourself to make success!
OneStream Live is a cloud-based solution to live stream across 40+ Social Media Platforms and the web simultaneously. For queries and feedback, Live Chat with our team or write to us at [email protected]. You’re also welcome to Write for Us!