It is said that seeing is believing. The popularity of video marketing amongst businesses and organizations validates this premise. It is no longer a secret that 96% of people today prefer watching videos to learn more about a product or service. It is a powerful marketing tool that allows you to reach your audience, educate them, and engage with them through virtual events while empowering them with the ability to promote your product or service.
YouTube, in that regard, is worth its weight in gold. As per statistics, the total sum of watch hours per day on Youtube is 1 billion. Due to high engagement on YouTube, business organizations and individuals prefer posting videos on YouTube to any other social platform. In recent years, live streaming on Youtube has evolved to the modern standard. YouTube Live has become one of the most thrilling social media branding experiences as it allows businesses and organizations to engage with their audience in real-time effortlessly.
In this Blog:
- What is YouTube Live?
- Benefits of live streaming on YouTube
- Final Thoughts
What is YouTube Live?
YouTube Live is a feature that allows you to go live and interact with the audience in real-time via video and chat. It is an easy-to-use tool for creators to reach their community. Content creators use it to stream games, conduct webinars, host virtual workshops, teach online classes, and business organizations/digital marketers leverage it to build and market their brands. YouTube Live streaming can be done using a mobile phone, webcam, or any live streaming solution/encoder.
Benefits of Live Streaming on YouTube
The compelling statistics and dominant prevalence of YouTube are enough to comprehend why live streaming on YouTube should be the leading marketing strategy for every marketer and business. Nonetheless, the following are some key benefits of live streaming on YouTube:
1. Vast Network
YouTube has a commendably wide community, and there is hardly any individual who has not visited this platform at least once. It is the second most popular social media platform.
- 8 of 10 marketers use YouTube as their marketing platform because people watch one billion hours of video on YouTube every day.
- 5 billion videos are watched per day on Youtube.
- The number of videos that have been shared on Youtube to date is more than 5 billion.
- YouTube has over 2 billion users per month, which is a huge number considering the world population.
- 62% of businesses use the platform as a channel to market their video content across the world.
- 70% of people find YouTube more beneficial than other social platforms.
It is undoubtedly the most advantageous social platform available today for marketing and creating content.
2. The Monetary Factor
"YouTube can make you good money", we've all heard that line. It takes time and effort to generate revenue or make money on YouTube Live, but once you cross the tipping point, the experience is life-changing. Let's look at how you can do it.
- In-Video Ads: The short ads that keep popping up while you're watching your favorite show on YouTube are known as In-Video ads. Youtube offers Pre-roll and mid-roll ads, and you can play these clips before and during your live stream.
- Donations and Tipping: You can ask your viewers to donate while you're live. This approach works magic for churches and other philanthropic organizations that collect donations during their live streams.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: This feature lets the viewers purchase chat messages and pin them at the top of the comments section to stand out. Content creators receive some amount from the purchase made by the viewers.
- Partners or Affiliate Program: You can also sign up for an affiliate program to earn money every time your follower purchases a product you endorsed on your live stream.
- Sponsorship and advertisements: Sponsorships are done if you already have an established channel with some followers. You could design the content of your live stream according to the product and could advertise it for your sponsor. During a live stream, you can use your discussion and incorporate any advertisement for a product. For example, if you live stream on your health and fitness channel, you can market your products, such as sports apparel or other merchandise. This will significantly aid in gathering more traffic and diversify the topic as well.
- Youtube Membership Program: Through YouTube's membership program, viewers can subscribe to channels with monthly payments to access extra benefits, exclusive content, and support the creator.
3. Hosting Real-Time Events
YouTube live facilitates creators to interact with the viewers in real-time. It is an effortless way of getting familiar with the viewers, answering their queries, and making them feel a part of the channel. Going live can aid in obtaining instant feedback from the viewers, which empowers the creators to make more acceptable content. It is also a great way to showcase the work done behind the camera and build authenticity and trust within the brand or business. Live streaming adds a personal touch while allowing the creators to be more open to the public. Going live bridges the gap between creators and subscribers.
4. Business Prospects
YouTube allows you to market your services and products efficiently and effortlessly. Given the current pandemic crisis, even the established businesses are now going online to market their services/products. So the start-ups should definitely exploit YouTube Live. Live streaming on YouTube is a phenomenal method to grow an audience. It gives access to your event to those viewers who would not have otherwise participated in the webinar, product announcement, or Q&A session.
Live streaming on YouTube is budget-friendly. Businesses do not need high-priced equipment to go live, and it can be done even using a mobile phone or a computer's webcam. Many organizations give training deliver online seminars easily using live streaming. It saves the cost of traveling, organizing an event, security, and so much more. This, in return, saves money and time which can be put into creating products and growing the business.
5. Collaborating with YouTube Live Stream Events
You can connect with other content creators, brands, and businesses and become a part of their live streams through collaboration. You can invite the creators and brands to join your live stream to gain growth. It allows reaching the maximum audience and growing the channel.
6- Stand Out from the Crowd
As per the stats, more than 500 hours of videos are watched on Youtube every day, and live streaming gives the possibility to stand out amongst other creators.
To conclude, these benefits help comprehend the importance of using YouTube as your Live Streaming go-to platform. The vast and diverse community that YouTube offers allows you to engage with a diverse audience from different countries and grow in no time.
However, growing your business or brand with live streaming demands consistency and excellence in your live streams, which can be inconvenient and cumbersome at times. This difficulty can be eliminated by using OneStream Live. OneStream Live is a comprehensive live streaming solution that allows you to live stream pre-recorded videos or go live in real-time to over 45+ social media platforms and the web from a single touchpoint.
OneStream Live is a cloud-based solution to live stream across 40+ Social Media Platforms and the web simultaneously. For queries and feedback, Live Chat with our team or write to us at [email protected]. You’re also welcome to Write for Us!